08 October 2017. Abuja
Supervisory Councilor for Health, Hon Gabriel Bravo Oluohu, has called for heightened vigilance and intensified awareness efforts on symptoms of Monkey pox following the outbreak of the deadly disease in some parts of the Country. The Honourable Supervisory Councillor made the call in a statement issued on Saturday in Abuja by Mr.Ogar Dominic , Special assistant on Media and Public Relations. The Honourable supervisory councilor advised health care providers and members of the public, to report any sign of illness to public health officials. He said in response to the announcement by Bayelsa state on confirmed cases of Monkey pox , government had directed health officials, to step up inspection activities. He said that the symptoms to look out for included fever,pox fatigue, weakness, dizziness and muscle aches. He also explained that patients with more severe cases would show severe sore on the skin, internal organs or even from mouth and ears. The Honourable Supervisory Councilor urged Nigerians not to panic as the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) was equipped to secure the health of citizens. He said NCDC had been strengthening states capacities to detect, manage and respond to such diseases, including Lassa fever. Hon. Bravo therefore called on states to begin social mobilization and media awareness efforts, via TV, Radio, Print and Social Media. The Health supervisory councilor in Abuja urged all Nigerian health workers to maintain a high index of suspicion, by screening all symptoms and other hemorrhagic fevers.
Comments
Post a Comment